Monday, June 23, 2008

Trekking in Northern Thailand

I'm nearly too spent to write this right now but wanted to jot down some notes and throw up some pics while it's all still fresh. In brief, the trek was fantastic. The hiking itself was hard enough to be rewarding but not exhausting, the food and especially the company of my fellow trekkers was great and the jungle was a really nice, beautiful escape. A fortnight into my trip and I feel like I finally hit my stride--the laid back rhythm of the wilds and rural village reminders to slow down a bit and enjoy the surroundings before packing up my bag and hopping off to some new locale. I've given up on the idea of making it as far as Indonesia and am perfectly alright with that. After all, a slow boat up the Mekong is so much more appealing than an overnight bus even if it means "losing" a day or two on the way.

Enjoy some pics...better annotation and stories from the trek are on the way.

From Trekking in N...

Heading out on the first day


Camp on day 1












On the farm, day 2




5 day old elephant


River crossing by elephant

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Elephants!