Saturday, July 12, 2008

A moment of silence...

...for my dear clothes that have all been returned to me with bleach marks all over them after getting laundered this afternoon >=( It's not like I have all that many clothes to begin with, preferring to spend my money on other frivolities, so when every single t-shirts I bring (plus the nifty new ones I picked up in Thailand and Japan) are ruined, what am I to do? I just thank god the pricey shorts and pants I picked up from REI before I left didn't make it into the wash or I'd be really screwed. Damn damn damn. This means I have to spend the better part of tomorrow buying stupid kitschy t-shirts in vogue with the young backpacker crowd ("Same same," "Don't worry, be hap phuoc," Vietnamese flag tees etc. etc. if you were here you'd understand what I'm talking about). When the launderers that the hotel outserviced to are open tomorrow morning, I'm gonna do my best to awaken some latent genes I know I inherited from my dad and make a grand old fuss. Until then, a candle light vigil for the Wildlife Works shirt Chris got me for my birthday, the kawaii tee I picked up in Harajuku Japan and the quirky thing I picked up in Chiang Mai. (I'm overdue for some new underwear anyway so that's no big loss).

On a happier note, I rented a motorbike today and biked about 30km to a white sands beach I had nearly to myself. The water was a sublime temperature and as far out as 400 meter from shore I could still stand with my head above the water. I've been hanging out with some lovely Irish girls whom I'm about to meet for a drink so I'm off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew, I'm sorry about your clothes. =( As an aside, I spent three hours in line yesterday and am the proud owner of a 3G iPhone. COST = $500 (as I was not eligible for an upgrade). I purchased a white 16GB model. I thought you'd be happy to know.

Kiran said...

You can ride a motorcycle?! Awesome! An empty beach sounds great, being as I just went to my first NYC beach and I've never seen such a crowded beach before.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you can earn a few extra t-shirts from Wildlife Works. You do have connections there, ya know ;).

Anonymous said...

waa-waa. An indeed a candle-light service, as well a a possible resurrection will be had ;)